Recipe of the week: Chargrilled Chicken Thighs served w/ a roasted pineapple and habanero sauce served over fresh cabbage and red onions braised in our #housemade bone broth and topped with crumbled bacon
- Prep time: 1hours
- Cook time: 15mins
- Yeild: 4 servings
Braised cabbage and crumbled bacon
- 1 TBS your choice of cooking fat – coconut oil, bacon fat et cetera
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium sized red onion, julienne
- 1 medium yellow onion, julienne
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup bone broth
- Melt cooking oil/fat in your favorite sauté pan
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until they begin to turn translucent
- Add shredded cabbage and stir until it is coated in your cooking oil/fat
- Continue to stir over high heat until cabbage starts to brown ~5 minutes.
- Then, reduce heat to low, slowly add water and bone broth, season with salt and stir to combine everything. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to cook until water has evaporated ~20 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon to the final dish of cabbage and serve nice and hot!
Fire-Roasted Pineapple and Habanero Sauce/Marinade/Glaze
- 1 pineapple — diced
- 1 red pepper – diced
- 1 red onion – diced
- 1 habanero pepper – diced
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Cut pineapple and coat in coconut oil and set remaining coconut oil aside
- Roast pineapple on either your grill or in a quality sauté pan – cook for approximately 2-3mins per side
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool
- Cut peppers, onions & pineapple (once cooled)
- In a very hot sauté pan add remaining coconut oil, reduce heat to medium and add in peppers and onions and toss.
- Add water and cook onions and peppers until they soften a bit
- Add in pineapple and toss until all ingredients are combined thoroughly
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl and let stand for 10-15mins. Then, you can either serve with your chicken or refrigerate to use later.
- Take 2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken thighs and marinate in two cups of pineapple/habanero glaze for approximately :30mins and set aside in the fridge
- Toss them on the grill or in your favorite high quality sauté pan and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.